What If...? # 9 Vol. 2
- Series: What If...?
- Issue: 9
- Publisher: Marvel
- Published Date: January 1990
- Cover: Rich Buckler, Sam de la Rosa
- Writers: Roy Thomas, John Lewandowski, Gary Fields
- Pencil: Rich Buckler, Vince Mielcarek, Gary Fields
- Ink: Sam de la Rosa, Chris Ivy, Joe Sinnott
- Appearances: Professor X, Beast
Story 1: "What If the New X-Men Had Died On Their Very First Mission?"
When both the old and new X-Men teams die on the island of Krakoa, Beast calls in Moira MacTaggert to try and pull Professor X out of his funk. Xavier refuses to have anything further to do with mentoring a heroic team, even after Count Nefaria and the Ani-Men take over Valhalla Base and hold the world ransom. Beast uses Cerebro to put together a new gang of mutants and, with the defeat of Nefaria, Xavier comes around and decides to continue with the X-Men.
Story 2: "What If Black Bolt Talked in His Sleep?!"
Story 3: "What If the Thing's Body Kept Mutating?"
Shipping calculated by weight and location at checkout.
We offer combined shipping for all items.